Friday, 2 March 2012

Harvard Business School



Spending the week at Harvard Business School was probably one of the hardest yet most rewarding things I have done.  Most days I was up at 4.00 am to do my pre-reading on the case studies that we were looking at, and I often didn’t get to bed before midnight.  We had two discussion group sessions where we brain stormed the case studies we were looking at during the day and it was great to meet such a wonderful group of people.  It certainly has made me think of how successful businesses work and can be improved on.  The principals that I learnt were cutting edge and the lecturers and professors that were taking the classes were the best in the world.  I will be implementing what I learnt with my business clients in helping them grow their businesses to be more successful than they have been in the past.  The contacts that I have made have also been invaluable and there are two or three people that I will be staying in contact with in the future to share information and hopefully develop other business opportunities with.

You often need to get out of your business and comfort zone and explore other horizons just to find the best opportunities.  The world is full of great ideas and at times we run out of ideas in our own neck of the woods.  I encourage everyone in business to travel and go further afield to bring back new and fresh ideas to help them continue to grow their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PAN Award

PAN Award