Thursday, 19 July 2012

Fat Pizza






I don’t get much of a chance to cook at home, but when I do I like to be organised and have all the ingredients ready to go, measured out, and at hand so cooking is quick and efficient. My wife thinks I’m a control freak, but I like to think that I am just organised. In Jim Collins new book “Great By Choice” he talks about the best business leaders who have thrived and grown their businesses exponentially over the last 10 years have displayed 2 unique personality traits; they are paranoid and very disciplined. I’m certainly paranoid, but I don’t think the pizza would have turned out looking so good if I was not organised as well.



Being the start of the new financial year, you need to ask yourself in business and in your investment life, how prepared are you for 2013?    What do you need to get organised now to make it easier, more efficient, more productive, and more profitable for yourself and for your business? A common thread that runs through all my successful business clients is that they have the discipline to plan and be prepared at the start of the financial year.  Here are some tips that might help you:



1.       Do you have a marketing plan for the next 12 months and how are you going to grow your business and sales?

2.       Do you have a strategic plan on how you are going to grow profitability, develop new products and services, go after a particular client segments in the market?

3.       How prepared are you in your super fund or in your investments for the possible turmoil that may come in the 2013 financial year?  If you have read any of my previous blogs or newsletters you would know that chaos will be a constant factor in 2013.

4.       Are you prepared to take advantage of any opportunities that may come your way in terms of purchasing a property, expanding your investment portfolio or the ability to minimise your tax and grow your business?



Uncertainty and volatility is an everyday factor and you should get used to it.  The question is, how prepared are you in advance to face these challenges in 2013?



No comments:

Post a Comment

PAN Award

PAN Award