Friday, 23 November 2012

2 Funerals in 2 Days



I have just been back from attending 2 funerals in 2 days. They were both very sad and yet very uplifting occasions. Uplifting in the fact that I was inspired by the lives both people led and what they had done. Life is certainly too short and at times I get caught up in my own plans and agendas. It has given me time to reflect.

We lead such busy lives that we forget about having fun and what is important. Go out this week-end and do something for yourself, something you have always wanted to do. Book that trip, buy that car, jump off that bridge or out of that plane (preferably with a bungee cord or parachute), surf that wave or take up a sport or hobby. We are here for a short while and my take-away from the last 2 days from both these extraordinary people was they that they had full and rewarding lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PAN Award

PAN Award